Did you like EoC when it was first released? Do you still like it now? Are you always avoiding the combat since the release of EoC? EoC has caused the drastic debate among players. Some of them think it’s pretty good, but some think that it will make RS die in the future. Today, we would like to share our opinions about that.
What is EoC?
Evolution of Combat is one of the largest content updates in Runescape history. It is a entire new combat system of the RS. Powerful abilities, dual weapon wielding, new Magic and Ranged equipment, and new Prayers came into our sight since this new combat system was released. In this system, the combat triangle has been massively balanced. Monsters have been given some new attacks. At the same time, the combat level formula has been changed.
With these new changes, players can have new experience in RS. However, there are great divergences on EoC. Here are their reasons.
Reasons to support the EoC
1. EoC is pretty good for PvM.
2. Players can get higher kill rating if they use their abilities correctly.
3. It removes most of the lucky elements and instead it with time and skill.
4. EoC speed up the combat.
But since it was released, it seems that many players have been gone back to the OSRS. They didn’t like this combat system at all and think that Jagex should remove this system.
Reasons to remove the EoC
1. EoC incredibly overpowered. Players go out with rune and a whip will be killed within 15 seconds.
2. Players who kill each other in cheap armours like atwing robes and royal dragonhide armour can gain little rewards now.
3. Frenzy ability is now extremely weak. It just causes less damage that assault.
4. It makes the combat ends too fast. This almost kills the enjoyment for pkers.
5. It makes runescape becomes to a pay-to-win game.
It seems that there are many drawbacks of this combat system. But we believe that Jagex will solve these problems sooner or later, since this system is just released for one year.